Behind the scenes of the World Cup, ambassadors, floral designers and volunteers keep the competition running smoothly, from looking after competitors to helping set up the venue. We'd love florists, designers, freelancers, growers and students to come and be part of the team for competition week, which starts Monday 4th September 2023.
We're looking for volunteers for these roles.
Stalls and Workshops
Inspired by the competition and want to get involved? We're looking for volunteers to help out with our fun floral workshops and artisan stalls happening across all three days of the event.
Floral Designer, Decor Team
Are you a dab hand at crafting magical floral creations? We need your skills! Working in a team alongside other experienced florists you’ll help transform our venue and make sure it has that all important wow factor. You could help with everything from crafting beautiful installations at the Manchester Central entrance to making table arrangements for Interflora’s 100th Birthday Gala Dinner.
Being a volunteer is a brilliant way to learn more about the floral industry – whether you’re a student, florist, or general flower lover. From conditioning flowers to unpacking goods to keeping preparation areas clean and tidy to helping our host florists, our amazing volunteers help with all sorts.
Volunteering as part of the Interflora World Cup team gives you the chance to:
- Meet the world’s best floral designers.
- Be part of a world class event for the floral industry that’s streamed across the globe to thousands of viewers.
- Network with florists, the competitors and their assistants, industry sponsors and an outstanding event production company.
- Gain insight and expertise from working with the best of the best in the industry.
It also makes a great addition to your CV, and you’ll get refreshments and lunch, plus free time to explore the demonstrations and design shows.
How to join the team
To apply for one of the roles you need to be:
- Over 18.
- Able to take care of your own transport and accommodation.
- Able to listen attentively and interact with attendees.
- Able to stand, walk, sit, lift and carry.
- Have a sincere desire to get involved, a friendly disposition and a can-do attitude.