Allergy and Product Information
Allergy & Product Information
Care should be taken when handling all flowers, foliage and plants. Natural toxins in some flowers and plants can cause an allergic reaction and can cause harm if handled or eaten by humans or animals. Flowers, foliage and berries in our bouquets and arrangements are for decoration purposes only.
Always wash hands after handling flowers, foliage and plants and take care to keep all flowers, foliage and plants out of the reach of children and pets. Some flowers, lilies in particular, can be extremely toxic to cats. Flower food should not be consumed.
Always place the flower or plant container onto a protective mat. Do not place flowers or plants directly on to a polished surface as they may scratch or stain.
Below, we have listed some of the most common flowers and plants which may cause an allergic reaction or harm when handled or eaten. Please note, this is not an exhaustive list:
|FLOWER / PLANT
|Caution - extremely poisonous. Handle with extreme care, wear gloves when handling and wash hands and surfaces immediately afterwards.
|May cause a skin allergy.
|Caution - these flowers and plants are harmful if eaten.
|Can cause an allergic reaction.
|Caution – skin and eye irritant. These flowers and plants are harmful if eaten.
|Berries and non-floral decorations
|This includes all non-floral decorations and natural berries. These are not toys and may be a choking hazard. Berries can be toxic and must not be eaten. May contain dye/glitter. Keep out of reach of babies, small children, and pets.
|The sap can be an irritant so always wash hands after handling.
|Chrysanthemum may cause a skin allergy.
|Dyed or sprayed products
|Certain flowers and foliage may be dyed or sprayed which may stain.
|Caution - the sap from the stem is toxic and a skin irritant, gloves are recommended when handling.
|Hedera may cause skin allergy.
|Hyacinth may cause skin allergy. Strong scent may cause an allergic reaction. Plant is harmful if eaten.
|Caution - lilies are poisonous to cats and other pets, where ingestion of any part can prove fatal. Scented oriental lilies may cause an allergic reaction. Lily pollen may stain.
|Caution – skin irritant. The sap in Narcissi may cause a skin allergy. Always wash hands thoroughly after use.
|Caution – skin irritant.
|Caution – skin and eye irritant. The sap may cause a skin allergy. Plant is harmful if eaten.
|Roses may have sharp thorns, take care when handling and always wash hands after handling.
|Spathiphyllum (Peace Lily)
|Caution – skin and eye irritant. This plant is harmful if eaten.
|Can irritate the skin, wear gloves when handling and wash hands thoroughly.
|Can cause an allergic reaction, so always wash hands after handling.